Tuesday, July 8, 2014

My Fellow Americans,
My Story is describing the nasty Capitalism saga. Allow me to take you on a journey of a hustler. His name Nick DeBenedicitis. A draft dodger during the Vietnam war, he preferred the Army Corp of Engineers. His cup of tea was and is "Hustling". As I left you I explained my story of blowing the whistle on the Hustler. Now I take you to 1886, Swarthmore, Pennsylvania. The Swarthmore College professors thought it be a good idea to utilize water in their everyday living. What they designed was a water supply system on campus linking buildings on campus to a common well. Well fast forward to 1989, the little water company that could spread throughout Delaware County. Now allow me to introduce the hustler, for 103 years the little Swarthmore College water company became the Philadelphia Suburban Water Company. Have I mentioned the hustler?
I'll get back to him later.
I need to concentrate on "A Tradition Of Integrity". This is the title of the handbook printed by the Philadelphia Suburban Water Company in 1989.
It was published with the authority of the officers and board members.
In it PSC spells out ethical and legal standards which PSC has lived by since its inception in 1886.
Allow me to highlight some of the most important items from their "Bylaws".
To follow the Anti-Trust Laws of The United States Of America, laws to produce a healthy, competitive marketplace, and to comply with:
NO ATTEMPTS TO MONOPOLIZE.
NO ACQUISITIONS OR JOINT VENTURES WHICH WILL SUBSTANTIALLY REDUCE COMPETITION.
PSC POLICY TO NOT MAKE CONTRIBUTIONS AS A COMPANY TO ANY POLITICAL CANDIDATE FOR FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL OFFICE, ALTHOUGH PSC DOES ENCOURAGE ITS EMPLOYEES TO CONTRIBUTE TO A CANDIDATE OF THEIR CHOICE.

Nick DeBenedictis threw all of these fine company policies (Bylaws) into the dumpster for greed, money and power. Nicky likes to include those 106 years in his press releases stating that Aqua America is a 128 year old water company who has been acquiring water companies all along. Those 106 years are very important to me because knowing the true history of a great little water company who started out on a great American College campus, Swarthmore, is not being hijacked by a narrow minded person who believes in money rather than in the United States Of America as I do.
Good night to all,
Peace,
Michael Duffy
"americaduff"



No comments:

Post a Comment